Tuesday, June 30, 2009

MY OLD POETRY :)

The other day I was cleaning out all the hoarded junk in my room when I came across my old diary. Upon reading it, it got me feeling all sentimental and proud. I really was a good writer when I was a youngin'...so I think, at least? It really showed me that I have always had a fondness for writing and more so for poetry. The pages are filled with creative and artistic literature that all developed from the depths of my 12 year old mind. My only fear is that over time I stopped writing poetry, and as a result I am scared that I will lose my flare for it. Anyways, I thought I would share some of my favourite poems I wrote in the diary-


The Night

I lay in my bed, eyes wide open. My eyes have gotten used to the dark. My room looks normal, the same as it would in the day except that the night changes it in a way. No longer does it feel safe and secure, but instead it's doors have been open. Open to the harshness of the night. It comes creeping in and spreads itself out covering all that I am used to, turning them into shapes and figures that taunt my mind and twist and play with it. The night always seems to get under my covers and smother me with its blackened arms. Thoughts flowing through my head like words flashing on a screen. It casts shadows everywhere leaving me alone and scared to figure them out. The shadows are real, they are the spawn of the darkness, the opposite of light; the things that make you think twice. What fate shall I meet tonight?


Funnily enough I am STILL not comfortable being alone in the dark, and I think that that fear is an object of my superstition and the many horror films I have scarred my brain with. :) This poem also shows that I have always struggled to get to sleep. On average it takes me over an hour to fall asleep every night. I dread sleep. I'd much rather be awake all the time... strange huh?

The Truth

Love is Love,
everyone feels it.
Freedom is freedom,
everyone dreams it.
War is war,
everyone fears it.
Family is family,
everyone needs it.
Death is death,
be not afraid of it.

I think the above poem is my favourite. I just love its simplicity and honesty. The words are the truth and today I still have the same sentiments.

More recently, for Mother's Day this year I wrote my mum a poem rather than give her a generic run-of-the-mill card, although those do always come in handy too!

Mother

I love you more than words can express. You are the light that brightens my soul and the angel that protects me from harm. Your warmth, kindness, and loyalty ignite within me an adoration you deserve. When I look at you it is with the strongest respect. Your words are my wisdom, your strength my motivation and your happiness my fulfilment. Mum I love you.

Anyways hope you enjoy my poems.

xxxx








No comments:

Post a Comment